Just a quick note to tell you that The Wine Economist has been short-listed for a global blog award. The Gourmand International “Best in the World” awards will be announced on June 8 in Yantai, China.
I’ll copy the short list of blogs, magazines and “books of the year” (one finalist per country) in the “wine and drinks.” category. The Wine Economist is in good company, don’t you think? It’s an honor just to be nominated for this award and a double honor to make the list of finalists!
Thanks to Gourmand International for this recognition (and thanks to whoever nominated The Wine Economist for this award!).
Best Wine and Drinks Blog:
- France- Cite des Civilisations du Vin
- Singapore – The Wine Review, Ch’ng Poh Tiong
- USA- The Wine Economist, Mike Veseth
Best Wine and Drinks Magazine:
- Brazil- Vinho magazine
- China- China Wine News
- Iceland- Vinbladid
- South Africa- Wine Mag
- USA- Quarterly Review of Wine
Best Wine and Drinks Book of the Year
- Australia- Barossa Shiraz, Thomas Girgensohn, ( Wakefield Press )
- Brazil- Cachaca e Gastronomia 2014, Felipe Januzzi, Gabriela Bareto ( Mapa da Cachaca, Ministerio de Cultura- Destemperados )
- France – Bordeaux et ses Vins 1814 – 2014 ( Feret)
- Italy- Accidenti, malatti e parassite della vite ( Edizioni SUV )
- Mexico – Bebiendo nuestra tierra, el vino mexicano, Pablo M.Aldrete,Maria Palau, Memo Garcia (MG )
- Sweden- Whiskyns Landscap, Claes Grunsten ( Max Strom )
- Switzerland- Vins Swiss Wines ( Vinea )
- USA- The best white wine in the world, the Riesling, Stuart Piggott ( Stewart ,Tabori, Chang )